Sunday, September 21, 2008

the effects of 78sen increse

Hey guys...when i newly Arrived in Malaysia in June 2007, the first thing that caught my eye was the ridiculously LOW prices of fuel. I couldn't believe that this is anyhow possible in the world!I was shocked because in my country the prises for fuel have hit sky high over the decades!As i wondered why, i got the answer to this question as to why its so cheap;
"Malaysia is a net exporter of oil and so has been gaining from rising fuel prices"

But as time went on, this was changing because "the subsidy on pump prices has still been a big drain on its treasury."

But despite this increase in fuel prises in Malaysia,i still consider Malaysians extremely lucky as compared to other countries in the world,like mine "BOTSWANA".
I took an initiative to search for the fuel prises in my country at the moment...here is the shocking truth!!

"Botswana spends P11 billion a month on fuel."
THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO RM5.56 BILLION PER MONTH!!!

REFERENCE:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7432754.stm
http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=4&aid=9&dir=2008/September/Thursday18

No comments: